FAQ's | Misfires?
Please note the following regarding our policy on misfire complaints and how they will be handled by our service department.
1. 99% of misfire complaints prove to be cartridge related and no fault can be found with the gun. Many manufacturers use the same case and primer combinations so a misfire with more than one make of cartridge does not prove a gun fault.
2. When sending a gun to us with this complaint you must send the misfired cartridge and identify clearly, which barrel the misfire occurred in. You must send at least 4 cartridges that have failed to fire in your gun. If the misfire occurs in both barrels then please send at least 4 cartridges from each barrel. Pack them separately and label them Top and Bottom.
a. Please note that live cartridges must not be sent in the post. They can be carried by road by a suitably licensed carrier, such as TNT. The cartridges must be clearly labelled and accompanied by the correct documentation.
b. Live ammunition will not be returned under any circumstances.
3. The cost of sending us the gun and ammunition will not be reimbursed as per the terms and conditions of our warranty.
4. Please include the date that the gun was first sold new and when it was last serviced.
5. On arrival we will inspect the gun and ammunition. We have the means to measure the firing pin protrusion and the strength of the impact.
6. If the gun is less than 12 months old and we find any fault that could cause a misfire we will rectify and return the gun free of charge.
7. If the gun is less than 12 months old and we can find no fault that could be responsible for the misfire we will return it as received. A charge of £25 will be made to cover our costs in unpacking, testing and re-packing. We will also charge return carriage.
8. If the gun is over 12 months old and has not been serviced during the past 12 months, we will contact you and recommend that the gun be serviced. This service will be charged at our normal rate for service and return carriage will be charged in addition. If you do not wish the gun to be serviced we will return it as received. A charge of £25 will be made to cover our costs in unpacking, testing and re-packing. We will also charge return carriage.
9. If we are not able to find any fault with the gun and you are not satisfied with our decision we will arrange for the gun to be sent to The Proof House for an independent test. This test and all associated costs will be at your expense. If the Proof House opinion, unambiguously, is that a gun problem is soley responsible for the misfires, we will reimburse these charges.
10. You may arrange for your own independent testing but we do not recognise any opinion other than that of an independent Proof House operating under C.I.P.
If we feel the information is useful to others we will add it here for others to see. So if you ask a question don't hesitate to ask.